Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

iOS 7 Version Request

Comments

• As many others have noted, this app is the only reason at the moment I'm even considered JBing iOS 7. Been using Remote Messages for a long time prior to iOS 7 and can't wait to get it back. Keep up the good work.
  • Do you guys need anyone to help beta test?
  • AlAl
    edited January 2014
    Today was the first full day we've worked together on v3, needless to say, we've managed to tackle a huge chunk of our to-do list. This includes iOS 7 support, general bug fixes and feature additions (as well as a new iOS 7 theme). As I've said before, we're not rushing delivery on this build, the longer we spend on it the better it will be.

For iOS 6 users; we plan to release a final update for Remote Messages 2 containing as many new features and fixes as we can from the new version.
  • And when you are planning to release iOS version 7??
  • AlAl
    edited January 2014
    @Konyczcz We aren't setting a release deadline on this one, so I won't be able to give an exact estimate until we reach the end of the testing phase. I think it's safe to say we'll have it out there in a couple of weeks, hopefully sooner.

We are aiming to add new features to this version, rather than just rushing out a compatibility update. We want to deliver the best quality product we possibly can, and we think you'll be quite pleased with the finished result.
  • Any word on the possibility of a beta for testing? I've never used this before but I'm more than happy to pay for it as soon as it comes out!
  • this really is great news guys, keep up the good work, such a good app.
  • I would also be very Interested in beta testing. I am currently running on iPhone 5s with iOS 7.1 beta3 jailbroken ofcourse... I feel that it would be in everyones Interest to get the best product by testing for you guys. :-)
  • Thanks for keeping us updated!
  • Thanks for keeping us updated! Will be following this closely, I miss this tweak an insane amount.
  • Thanks for the update.

I'd be more than willing to beta-test if you need help.

To reiterate what someone else said previous, this is the only thing keeping me from getting a Samsung Galaxy.
  • thanks for the updates !
  • Never really payed attention to how much I used it, until I can't use it. LOL Thanks for the updates and keep up the good work.
  • At the end of the day - After all the cool jail break tools on ios6 - The only one that I cannot live without is Remote Messages. Apple should be drawn and quartered for not offering this as a option. I have to buy a mac just to use imessage? Love the work that you guys are doing! Still upset over apple killing of the Newton. If they had only held off for 6 months they could have offered the newton mini and blown the competition out of the water. Yes I am a paid up user and I am happy to pay again and again. Nothing like the feeling of being able to go to your browser and flick off a sms. The power.... mwuhaha (insert evil laugh) I am lacking imagination but I am at a loss as to how this program can be any better. It is fast, secure, simple. Summed up it rocks as it is. Looking forward to version 3. There should really be a waiting list on Cydia.
  • Thanks so much for all the kind words chaps! Alex has more or less finished now, we're currently testing what we have so far, then adding the new features to the UI (...then a bit more testing...). :D
  • I agree with @greengreen. I'm at a loss with what they can add. I very much look forward to it. Test away.
  • So many late nights. So much progress. :)
  • edited January 2014
    First time commenter, long time fan of remotemessages.

Maybe a mailing list would be good so I dont have to check this fourm three times a day :-)
    @al
  • One oft the biggest reason to jailbreak. Oh I hate it to use "Drop" to copy the clipboard from webbrowser to iphone and switch between messaging app and Drop to get my keyboard input into my iphone.... So please please, let us know if we can do ANYTHING to speed up developement. I would pay (as buyer of your "current" app) even 20$ for a new release (if you would support WhatsApp 50$).

Mailinglingst would be really really awsome. At the moment I'm adiccted rechecking this page for a update and singned up here exactly for this reason. Please display at least some ads we can click to support developement :)
  • We are nearly done so no point in creating a mailing list! Just to re-iterate on @Al's point your continued support is greatly appreciated and we think you'll love the upcoming update.
  • I've been using this Chrome extension to keep an eye on changes on this page http://goo.gl/SkPV2x
    No, I'm not associated with the developer in any way.
  • edited January 2014
    Along with everyone else who has commented I love this tweak! This is one of the main reasons I love jailbreaking. I really do miss checking messages from my laptop regardless of where my phone happens to be. I can't wait to see any improvements as the last iteration for iOS 6 was extremely solid and robust! Keep up the wonderful work :)
  • edited January 2014
    Will the IOS7 Version Still be version 2? Or will there be a new version 3 that will have to be purchase on Cydia?
  • @aiwetir thanks for pointing the extension :p

@alex thanks for the update..
  • I cannot imagine a world where version 3 will be free. If I wake up tomorrow and it is free I will be overjoyed but if these guys have put a whole heap of hard work in to go the extra yard and make a version as stable as version 2 then I am really happy to pay again. I would love to think that paying a developer will give them the imptus to support Whatsapp. It really annoyed me when I heard that a huge percentage of people stole/pirated the previous version. I like to try the product before I buy as there are so many lame products but I also live in the real world and these guys do not fall into this catagory. It is too easy to crack a try before you buy product. Please nobody again on this forum ask again if this is going to be free. They have not answered the last 3 times it has been asked. Take the hint guys.
    I second Azote - Thanks @aiwetir on the chrome extension heads up - Also thanks @alex for the update.
  • edited January 2014
    @GreenGreen I wasn't suggesting that it would be free, all I was wondering, Can I buy version 2 in anticipation for it to be updated for IOS7, or should I wait, because there going to be releasing a version 3. Not that I'm against supporting the developers, but I don't want to pay for a product I'm not going to be able to use, and than have to turn around and buy the version I can use.
  • UI is now complete, I'm just going to tidy up/tweak a few things whilst we test (so far no major problems). Release estimate is this weekend (25-26th).

Cheers for the kind words guys, I will have more information for everybody once we've got the final build bundled up and ready to publish.
  • thanks! @Al ! ... i was even considering writing my own ... thanks! this saved so much time
  • unpatiently patient.
  • HNNNNGGGG...... sad that this was all I had planned for my weekend. Can't wait for the release. Thanks for all the hard work.