iOS 7 Version Request
  • I've been using this Chrome extension to keep an eye on changes on this page http://goo.gl/SkPV2x
    No, I'm not associated with the developer in any way.
  • Along with everyone else who has commented I love this tweak! This is one of the main reasons I love jailbreaking. I really do miss checking messages from my laptop regardless of where my phone happens to be. I can't wait to see any improvements as the last iteration for iOS 6 was extremely solid and robust! Keep up the wonderful work :)
  • Will the IOS7 Version Still be version 2? Or will there be a new version 3 that will have to be purchase on Cydia?
  • @aiwetir thanks for pointing the extension :p

@alex thanks for the update..
  • I cannot imagine a world where version 3 will be free. If I wake up tomorrow and it is free I will be overjoyed but if these guys have put a whole heap of hard work in to go the extra yard and make a version as stable as version 2 then I am really happy to pay again. I would love to think that paying a developer will give them the imptus to support Whatsapp. It really annoyed me when I heard that a huge percentage of people stole/pirated the previous version. I like to try the product before I buy as there are so many lame products but I also live in the real world and these guys do not fall into this catagory. It is too easy to crack a try before you buy product. Please nobody again on this forum ask again if this is going to be free. They have not answered the last 3 times it has been asked. Take the hint guys.
    I second Azote - Thanks @aiwetir on the chrome extension heads up - Also thanks @alex for the update.
  • @GreenGreen I wasn't suggesting that it would be free, all I was wondering, Can I buy version 2 in anticipation for it to be updated for IOS7, or should I wait, because there going to be releasing a version 3. Not that I'm against supporting the developers, but I don't want to pay for a product I'm not going to be able to use, and than have to turn around and buy the version I can use.
  • UI is now complete, I'm just going to tidy up/tweak a few things whilst we test (so far no major problems). Release estimate is this weekend (25-26th).

Cheers for the kind words guys, I will have more information for everybody once we've got the final build bundled up and ready to publish.
  • thanks! @Al ! ... i was even considering writing my own ... thanks! this saved so much time
  • unpatiently patient.
  • HNNNNGGGG...... sad that this was all I had planned for my weekend. Can't wait for the release. Thanks for all the hard work.
  • Thanks! I cant wait to buy this!
  • We're just waiting on BigBoss now, submitted yesterday! :)
  • great job ;)
  • Very nice... waiting for it!!!!!!!! WOOO HOOO!
  • I wish it was outside, waiting for it .... some info about the publication? BigBoss still silent :)))
  • i hate time zone differences.. :'( it's 10:30am on Monday morning here.. where is it!!!! :'(
  • Sorry chaps, we're literally just waiting to get it published in the repo now. You'll probably know when it's live before me!
  • :D!! I missed out on this with ios6 as i couldn't jailbreak at the time.. looking forward to having this functionality at last!
  • Is this Remote Messages 3 or will there be an update to RM 2? or can we use RM3 on ios6?
  • I have literally been on my phone the entire day. I cannot wait for it to be released! It.... It will be today, right?
  • I believe it will be remote messages 3 and we all are waiting for BigBoss Repo to post the tweak. They submitted it Saturday so all we can do is wait on BigBoss
  • Does anyone know if bigboss has a quick turn around time?
  • Depends on the amount of people who want something asap
  • @highlanderx This is Remote Messages 3.0, which only supports iOS 7.x. If all goes according to plan, it will be listed as a separate package on Cydia titled "Remote Messages (iOS 7)", this means it *won't* show up as an update for people who already have 2.x installed.

We plan on releasing the final version for iOS 6 (2.0.2) in the coming weeks which will include a bunch of front-end tweaks and improvements present in 3.0. Basically we're aiming to back-port as much as possible for iOS 6 users. We're also looking into bundling v1 with the new v2.0.2 release to create a "Legacy" package of sorts as it's quite lame having so many packages on Cydia.
  • @Al ! awesome! -

--- i keep refreshing cydia changes lol...
  • Also waiting eagerly like the rest of you. Al says that they've submitted to the BigBoss repository. We can try emailing BigBoss at bigboss [at] thebigboss.org to ask them to expedite the apporval. Might help... or it might just annoy them!
  • I've killed my battery refreshing Cydia all day - can't wait!!
  • Yeah please don't email the BigBoss guys, it'll probably do nothing more than annoy them. :)
  • @Al

This might sound like a stupid question but I am very new to Remote Messages... I am guessing it works with SMS, MMS, and iMessage right? And when I receive a text it will go to both my phone and the Remote Messages web page?
  • Also, the whole day waiting for an update BigBoss repo, repo but the update was but remote message anywhere
  • Still waiting! Cant wait though!

• So I do not know :))) from morning to expect more as the JB :))))
  • I too am wondering what is taking BigBoss so long.
  • That's really exaggerating .... One of the best tweaks and follows them to take.
  • Great app - but I paid $5 for v2 and then less than a week later I lost my jailbreak with an update to 6.1.4 or something (an unsupported version for jailbreak). Now I got my jailbreak back and find out remote messages doesn't work - and if I want a working version it'll cost more money?!? I'm starting to feel ripped off (typical paid apps in the app store don't cost more money with each IOS update).
  • But this is quite another turn version .. designed for iOS 7.x. It has been written that will be released a modified version for 6.x versions
  • @joshua suck it up and pay the money. How tight can you be it's $5 these guys work around their actual jobs to do this and have made a great product
  • Most people don't know.. but with remote messages you can send all sorts of attachments including PDFs!!! and at least via imessage you get them and you can open them.
  • And how do you pick either good or bad file than a picture or video??
  • don't get it... on remote messages you simply click the attachment icon and add the file as usual.
  • dude, big boss can lick my nuts. hurry up.
  • Sigh, as one of many that have been waiting and checking this thread every day from announcing it's kind of annoying that BigBoss can take /this/ long to release it. Either way, I guess it'll be worth the wait.

Also thankyou Alex and Al for all your hard work on this :)
  • So Veency was updated for IOS 7. But it turns out it doesn't even work unless I'm in safe mode and, well it's shit. So Remote Messages, you're my only hope. I need a hero fast. <3
  • Sorry for the delay guys, we're currently trying to find out what's happening.
  • This is the exact app we all need!! I've spent a long time looking for this with no avail. Now that I have found it I will gladly wait the extra time it takes to be polished/ for Big Boss to get there head out of there asses!!
  • I think they have more problems then pulling their heads out of their asses @Julian
  • Seriously... I'd go with another repo
  • It sucks waiting this long lol

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Twitter