Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

iOS9 Jailbreak Released - Remote Messages compatibility?

Comments

• edited October 2015
    i do not have openssh installed

I am not getting a crash when i go from conversation to conversation, it simply disconnects (looking at phone it is turning off).

The crash is coming when i close the setting menu, while in the remote messages settings. when i open settings again, it crashes the first time..
  • @Al
    Nope no crashing at all, all conversations load properly (ie. I get a new message and reload the server it shows the new message)
    Sometimes the device connection error wont start until ive either click on someones conversation or sent a message.
    So looks like its just constantly losing connection, I dont see any of the icons in the top right showing wifi status or anything. They are all greyed out.

Thanks for the responses =]
  • @Al heres my ping report for the ip as well if it helps!
    Pinging 192.168.0.2 with 32 bytes of data:
    Reply from 192.168.0.2: bytes=32 time=9ms TTL=64
    Reply from 192.168.0.2: bytes=32 time=2ms TTL=64
    Reply from 192.168.0.2: bytes=32 time=2ms TTL=64
    Reply from 192.168.0.2: bytes=32 time=109ms TTL=64

Ping statistics for 192.168.0.2:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
    Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 2ms, Maximum = 109ms, Average = 30ms
  • @Al
    When I send a message to someone it sends through my device immediately to the user but stays greyed out in the web interface forever and I never get any messages back unless I close and reopen/relog into the interface.
  • @Xiaro: It sounds like to me your iPhone is going idle and closing its WiFi connection.
  • AlAl
    edited October 2015
    @Beezure
    Based on the log you sent, it looks like there are quite a few tweaks loaded into Remote Messages which could be causing conflict.
    Could you please try disabling the following, then systematically re-enabling:
    BatteryStatusBar
    Battivator
    FLEXible
    Moveable9
  • @CoBrA2168

Phone has been plugged into the wall and screen open to the RemoteMessaging part of the settings the entire time.
    Any ideas on how to fix this if it is the case? I have hard rebooted my router and turned off the iphone smart wifi feature to keep it from switching or anything. Signal of wifi is full.

Thanks for any ideas!
  • Swapped from 5Ghz to 2.4 to see if that did anything, turned of authentication.
    The second I log in or open the interface it just starts flashing the red error bar at the top. Never goes past 1 retry though...
  • @Xiaro When the red bar comes up, has the toggle been switched of "off" in the Remote Messages settings pane?
  • @Al

Nope stays ON, I can send to multiple people at a time without an issue.
    I just installed i-funbox and created a usb tunnel using 127.0.0.1:6112 with wi-fi turned off. Exact same problem, the second I open the web interface the connection to device error pops up and continually flashes.

Hmmmm
  • To anyone with problems: please enable 'Send crash reports' in settings and try and make it crash again.

• edited October 2015
    Downloaded the updated version of RM all looked good but there is a bug left seems when a IPhone to Iphone text is viewed it kicks the toggle off but a IPhone to non IPhone to works fine and don't kick it off. Any ideas ??? Also when the IPhone message is clicked on and it kicks the toggle off you can go to a non IPhone txt and turn the toggle back on and it will let you sign back in and it does it both ways sign in or not sign in
  • I just did a full restore and haven't been able to get it to crash yet, it's working for me now. My tweak list thus far includes: Activator, CCsettings, f.lux. I'm going to keep installing the tweaks I use one at a time and see if it breaks.
  • I've reinstalled all of my tweaks and so far I haven't been able to break it, still working great following the restore. There must have been something leftover from when I installed the ios 8 version that broke it.
  • Hmmm interesting, thanks for that @linedpaper. @Xiaro Did you do a full restore or update from iOS8 before jailbreaking?
  • Mine's working fine. Hope it gets worked out for the others.
  • This thing works perfectly on 9.0.2 6s+. Only thing is that in group messages I can't tell who's talking to me. All other participants are the same gray bubble and no separate identification.
  • I'm new to jailbroken Iphone. I have an old iPhone 4 I have jailbroken and plan to setup this on my WIFI network at home.

Is it possible to setup my firewall to pass port 336 to the iphone and user dynamic DNS to "remote messages" outside of a LAN?
  • AlAl
    edited October 2015
    @inShaneity That's so weird, does it work if you turn 'Contact pictures beside messages' on?

@wiredup In theory yes, if you port forward Remote Messages and make sure your WiFi connection stays up. Alternatively, you could use a VPN? Since it's a server, anything is possible.
  • LouLou
    edited October 2015
    Update on the port (333/336) issue. I discovered that changing the port number and clicking "Done" isn't enough. The new port number doesn't take effect until "Enable" is cycled off-and-on, or the phone is rebooted.

Besides that, all is working perfectly. Contacts with pictures enabled, WiFi connection, threads with pictures... no problems.
  • That is correct, all that does is change the config, you need to restart the service to make it take effect (Just like on a server). :)

Glad to hear it's all working for you @Lou
  • @Al - thank you for the quick response. This is a perfect setup for me! I en route to home to set it up. I will let you know how it goes.
  • @Alex I did a fresh restore both times, however did restore my backup both times as well. This time I never installed the ios8 version of Remote messages though, just the new ios9 release.
  • I got it to work, but when in a group text, names do not show up in the Seven theme.
  • @Al I don't know if you did anything, but I didn't, and the people are now showing up in the group messages!!!!
  • edited October 2015
    @al will report back after disabling those tweaks.
  • @Al and all,

Using DDNS + port forwarding on my old iPhone setting 'SMS' sync with my iPhone 6 is perfect!

Thank you!
  • @wiredup Great to hear it!!
  • How do I buy it without Paypal?